FinServ Compliance, LLC (“FinServ Compliance”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information FinServ Compliance may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.FinServCompliance.com (the “Website”) and FinServ Compliance’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information FinServ Compliance collects:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- From its involvement in event sponsorships or otherwise from event partners.It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by FinServ Compliance or any third party (including FinServ Compliance’ affiliates and agents); or
- any third party (including FinServ Compliance’ affiliates and agents), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
INFORMATION FINSERV COMPLIANCE COLLECTS ABOUT YOU AND HOW FINSERV COMPLIANCE COLLECTS IT
FinServ Compliance may collect several types of information from and about users of its Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as password and IP address; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access FinServ Compliance’ Website, and usage details.
- FinServ Compliance collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, FinServ Compliance’ business partners.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information FinServ Compliance collects on or through its Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on FinServ Compliance’ Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to FinServ Compliance’ newsletters, requesting services, or downloading certain content.
- FinServ Compliance may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact FinServ Compliance.
- Your search queries on the Website.
INFORMATION FINSERV COMPLIANCE COLLECTS THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with FinServ Compliance’ Website and its electronic communications, FinServ Compliance may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to FinServ Compliance’ Website and interaction with its electronic communications, including communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information FinServ Compliance collects automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but FinServ Compliance may maintain it or associate it with personal information FinServ Compliance collects in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps FinServ Compliance to improve its Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling FinServ Compliance to:
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies FinServ Compliance uses for this automatic data collection may include:
FinServ Compliance does not collect personal information automatically, but it may tie this information to personal information about you that it collects from other sources or you provide to us.
HOW FINSERV COMPLIANCE USES YOUR INFORMATION
FinServ Compliance uses information that it collects about you or that you provide to FinServ Compliance, including any personal information:
- To present FinServ Compliance’ Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from FinServ Compliance.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out FinServ Compliance’ obligations and enforce its rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and FinServ Compliance, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to FinServ Compliance’ Website or any products or services FinServ Compliance offers or provides though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on FinServ Compliance’ Website.
- When you make services requests via the Website.
- In any other way FinServ Compliance may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
FinServ Compliance may also use your information to contact you about its own goods and services and third party events that may be of interest to you. If you do not want FinServ Compliance to use your information in this way, please click on the “Manage Your Email Preferences” or “Manage Your Subscription” links in any promotional email and adjust your user preferences.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
FinServ Compliance may disclose aggregated information about its users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, and other third parties FinServ Compliance uses to support its business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which FinServ Compliance discloses it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of FinServ Compliance LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by FinServ ComplianceLLC about its Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their events to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
FinServ Compliance may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If FinServ Compliance believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FinServ ComplianceLLC, its customers, or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW FINSERV COMPLIANCE USES AND DISCLOSES YOUR INFORMATION
FinServ Compliance strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to it. FinServ Compliance has created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising – If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by clicking on the “Manage Your Email Preferences” or “Manage Your Subscription” links in any promotional email and adjusting your user preference or by sending us an email stating your request to Privacy@FinServCompliance.com.
- Promotional Offers from FinServ Compliance – If you do not wish to have your email address used by FinServ Compliance to promote its own products or services or third parties’ events, you can opt out by clicking on the “Manage Your Email Preferences” or “Manage Your Subscription” links in any promotional email and adjusting your user preferences or by sending us an email stating your request to privacy@FinServCompliance.com.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by clicking on the “Manage Your Email Preferences” or “Manage Your Subscription” links in any promotional email and adjusting your user preferences.
You may also send us an email at Privacy@FinServCompliance.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. FinServ Compliance may not accommodate a request to change information if it believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users of FinServ Compliance’ Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. FinServ Compliance discloses information to its event partners who host events that may be of interest to you.
FinServ Compliance has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although FinServ Compliance does its best to protect your personal information, it cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to its Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. FinServ Compliance is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.